- 3 large red bell peppers
- 1 3/4 cups walnuts
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3/4 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt to taste
Roast the peppers under broiler in the oven, turning until all sides are lightly charred. Transfer peppers to a paper bag and seal. Let sit for 15 min. The steam will allow the pepper skins to loosen. After a time, remove pepper skins and seeds.
Place walnuts in a food processor and pulse several times. Add roasted peppers and mix. Add remaining ingredients and continue to process into a coarse paste. Season to taste with salt. Serve on crackers or fresh bread.